Saturday, February 14, 2015

HSP Devotional Series - Everything I Need

I'm always looking for Bible verses and worship songs that I feel can be particularly encouraging for HSPs.

And I would hate for readers of this blog to think that I always have only negative feeling about being an HSP.

So I'm starting what I'm going to call the "HSP Devotional Series." I'll post stuff that has been encouraging to me and that hopefully can be encouraging to others who share my feelings.

Dr. Elaine Aron in her book says that HSPs can be more religious or spiritual. My faith in God means everything to me and extends way deeper into my soul even than being an HSP does. I hope to share that part of my self through this devotional series. 





For this first one, I'm posting a song by Kutless called "Everything I Need." It's lyrics ring so true to the feelings I often express when I feel overwhelmed or overstimulated by life. And it always seems to play on my Pandora at the exact time that I need it. The words just capture my attention and resonate in my heart. Specially the verse I have bolded below. Here they are:

When every step is so hard to take
And all of my hope is fading away
When life is a mountain that I can not climb
You carry me, Jesus carry me.

You Are strength in my weakness
You are the refuge I seek
You are everything in my time of need
You are everything, You are everything I need

When every moment is more than I can take
And all of my strength is slipping away
When every breath gets harder to breathe
You carry me, Jesus carry me


You Are strength in my weakness
You are the refuge I seek
You are everything in my time of need
You are everything, You are everything I need

I need You
You are everything
I need I love everything about You

You Are strength in my weakness
You are the refuge I seek
You are everything in my time of need
You are everything, You are everything I need





No comments:

Post a Comment